- Hold the needle with the stitches in your left hand and the empty needle in your right hand.
- With the yarn in front of the needles, insert the right needle into the front of the stitch from right to left.
- Hold the right needle with you left thumb and index finger while you bring the yarn between the needles from right to left and around the right needle.
- Move your right needle (with the loop of yarn) through the stitch and away from you, slipping the old stitch off the left needle. Tighten the new stitch on the shaft of the right needle.
- Repeat these steps until you complete the row. To start a new row, hold the empty needle in your right hand and the needle with the stitches in your left hand.